Thursday, March 6, 2014

A little February fun

Holy moly!  Is it March already?!  I feel like it was just a few weeks ago when I posted this wishing for March to come quickly, and here it is!

120

Pikes Place Market

136

I made this one bigger so you can see…a baby seal!  There’s a beach across from the city called Alki Beach where seals usually come up on land to rest.

Like January, our adventures during February did not disappoint!  Of course we squeezed in as much skiing as possible!  I met a man on the ski lift and got to talking (it was a long lift).  I told him that I was a beginner and still not completely comfortable with these things strapped to my feet.  He just so happened to be an instructor and asked if I would mind if he gave me some pointers.  Um, no!  Then he invited me to a free lesson with other people at various stages in their ability!  Holla!  So, now I know how to do it the right way and am actually excited to go down some blues (still staying away from the black diamonds, though).

521

winter wonderland

049

Other than skiing, Josh and I went on some adventures.  We found a little German town called Levenworth.  So, we headed on over for some snitzle and beer after spending an afternoon snowmobiling through a gorgeous mountain range!

027

so much fun!

029

It was such a beautiful day!

 031

My hunky hubby :)

041

frozen lake

1782108_10102049722870857_1757411142_n

We really hate life here.

044

Snitzle time!

047

I must brag a bit, because I have some pretty fantastic friends.  This has been a tough year for me being without my friends and family for a good chunk of time.  So, two of my closest companions bought their plane tickets and came to see what RV life is like in the Pacific Northwest!  It was so good for my heart to have people I love tremendously take time off work to come see me.  Truly, it meant so much to have them visit.

107

Check out their blogs too! Sarah is my photographer friend and Anne is my foodie friend!

105

Twin Falls

106

116

130

Aren’t they great?  And pretty!

Last week, Josh and I ventured to the Oregon coast to Cannon Beach.  I kid you not, it was probably one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen.  Mountains+Ocean= near perfection.  We went on an incredible hike that left me speechless (and I am still kicking myself for not having a better camera to have captured the scenery better)!

154

159

163

He’s my favorite.

168

172

181

187

191 (2)

  194 (2)

 196

198

200

Where mountain meets beach…

201

236 (2)

We saw a pretty sunset on the way home, so naturally we had to pull over and take pictures.

And we’re here.  Only a few more weeks left of this nomadic adventure and we will be back in the south where sweet tea and fried chicken abound.  I can’t wait.  I really can’t.  In spite of my excitement for being reunited with the familiar, I find myself stopping to savor small things I have come to appreciate over the course of this journey.  It truly has changed me and I am grateful.

126

The city side of Seattle

362

The nature side of Seattle

It’s not over yet, though!  We still have a few solid weeks to pack in some more fun before we hit the road.  My mom is coming up this weekend (can’t wait for those mama hugs!), and we have one more mini-trip we’re wanting to take before we bid this territory adieu.  All-in-all, I must say that Josh was right about this one: what a great opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment