Saturday, August 21, 2010

The ones who make me smile

I am utterly sorry for those people who really don't have quality relationships in their life.  I honestly cannot fathom how they make it from day to day.  I realized recently (not the first time, might I add) that God put the most amazing people in my life.  I know people like to brag about how sweet their spouses are or how supportive their family is or how fun their friends are, but when I step back from the situation, I feel so strongly that those in my life are some of the greatest.

My husband consistently shows me patience and love, especially when I am being ridiculous.  Being married has opened my eyes to how impatient and selfish I can really be.  It has also opened my eyes to how amazing my husband really is.  Sigh....I have some work to do.

My family has been nothing but extraordinary.  Yes, we have our issues.  Yes, we argue and get on each other's nerves.  But golley!  No one protects me, supports me, encourages me, convicts me and loves me like my family has.  Again, I am truly sorry for those who do not have that.

My friends are invaluable to me.  I know we will not always live close to each other, but that is perfectly ok with me.  They are the type of people who will not let you go once they've got you.  Distance means nothing.  I cannot count the times I've called one of them crying and they would drop what they were doing to come over.  Who does that??  Apparently people who love each other.  Why am I so blessed?

That's really all there is to it.  I have incredible people in my life who go to great lengths to love me.  I know its not always an easy task, but they do it anyway.  So Josh, Mom, Alli, Jess, Michael, Stephanie, Anne, Sarah S, Rae, Rochelle, SKK, if you ever read this, thank you.  You have no idea how much I treasure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment