Saturday, August 28, 2010

stupid little human

Why do we feel like we can run our own lives so much better than the One who created them?  How foolish do we have to be before we come running back?  I get this image of God sometimes of Him just shaking His head at us.  "Really?  Really?  You honestly think that's the way you should live?  You think that's going to make you happy?  Ok...if that's what you want...."

BUT, the best feeling in the world is realizing how stupid I have been and knowing that God's patience and love never expire.  It's so amazing to cry out, "I need you!" and have Him answer, "I'm here."

And it just so happens that the next chapter in la biblia for me to read today was Psalm 73:
"Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.  But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold....I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.  Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment