Saturday, September 14, 2013

RV life

I’ve been asked this question a lot, so I figured I’d satisfy your curiosity if you haven’t yet asked.  What’s it like living in an RV?  Whelp, honestly, it’s not bad.  There are a few things that I’ve had to get used to, but as a whole, RV life isn’t too shabby.

It’s definitely more cramped than we’re used to, but it’s totally livable with just 2 people.  Other than the down-sizing, there’s some little adjustments here and there.  For example, our water supply comes from a faucet outside.  Hence, our water pressure is pretty weak, which makes taking a shower a little more difficult.  I have resorted to skipping the conditioner and just wearing my hair up most days.  Also, we have 50 amps of power for this whole place.  That means that if I’m going to do laundry in our cute little washer, I have to make sure all the extra lights and fans are shut off otherwise we’d trip the circuit.  Having 50 amp power means that it takes a little extra for the place to cool down.  Texas doesn’t have many big, beautiful trees to park under, so our poor house bakes in the sun all day whilst trying to keep the inside cool.  It does a pretty good job, though.   I just have to remember to do the laundry at night when it cools down and try to cook as fast as possible before the entire place turns into a furnace.

Other than that, it’s been a fun little place to live.  I half expected to feel trapped and pace back and forth like a lost puppy.  None of it.  This really is all the space we need at the moment.

So there you have it.  Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting a more adventurous lifestyle.  In reality, it’s pretty peaceful and cozy.  We might just stay awhile longer like this.  :)

1 comment:

  1. so impressed you're making that work!! the idea itself isn't daunting but going from a full sized HOME to an RV is a big deal! bravo!! : )

    love you!

    ReplyDelete